Friday, November 2, 2007

TLC Web 2.0 - Facebook

Time - Time - Time

There just isn't enough time to play with Face Book.

I'm using it right now to keep in touch with the Catholic Campus Ministry Group.

It is neater and cleaner than MySpace. - but it doesn't seem as much "fun"

The Clean small text look of FaceBook makes it very text and reading intensive.

It does make a lot of sense on Campus for a library to have a presence on FaceBook - or at least some of the librarians.

The announcements features are good. Some of the Apps seem like fun.

Most of Web 2.0 stuff is a collection of Web Toys for Folks that like to play. Online.


Overall I like facebook - but I would agree with the DaisyDog blog that I'm starting to get too old for a Social Networking Site like that.

Honestly, I just don't care that much about keeping up with my friends and them keeping up with me.

I'd use FaceBook as an occassional tool - or a complete life consuming toy. There doesn't seem to be any half-way point.


TJP

No comments: